Our 714-acre campus is a global destination for research and thought that could be your home for four years.
Colby’s campus is currently open to visitors. Led by our current Colby students and admissions counselors, in-person campus tours provide an opportunity to learn more about Colby’s unique offerings and to have your questions answered. Pre-registration is required for in-person campus visits. We look forward to welcoming you to Waterville — please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected] with questions.
Campus tours take place weekly at the below times:
- Mondays: 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Wednesdays – Fridays: 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Select Saturdays: 10 a.m.
Virtual Information Sessions
Virtual information sessions, led by Colby admissions officers, take place Tuesdays at 9 a.m. and Wednesdays at 4 p.m. If you are a counselor interested in learning more about Colby, we offer virtual information sessions reserved for counselors on select Wednesdays. Pre–registration is required for all virtual information sessions. Once you have registered, you will receive an email confirming your registration and providing the link to access the virtual event.
Explore Colby 2022
Juniors and seniors are invited to Explore Colby, a series of virtual events that will give you a front-row seat to spotlight classes with Colby faculty; program previews and special events with our renowned multidisciplinary centers of thought, research, and action; and community conversations with world-class scholars, artists, and thinkers.
Colby does not offer interviews as a part of the application process. After application submissions, regular decision students will be notified about opportunities for informative conversations with current students.
Colby, Bates, and Bowdoin (CBB) Tour
For interested counselors, Colby, Bates, and Bowdoin invite you to visit our respective campuses and experience the beauty of Maine first-hand this fall. The Colby, Bates, and Bowdoin (CBB) Counselor Tour is a selective tour designed primarily for secondary school counselors and community-based organizations from across the country. The three-day program includes tours, panels, and information sessions focused on identifying the distinguishing characteristics of each institution as well as an opportunity to explore Maine’s largest city, Portland. Counselors leave better able to inform and advise their students about these three outstanding colleges.
The 2022 CBB Counselor Tour will be held from Sunday, September 11, through Tuesday, September 13. The application for the 2022 CBB Tour can be found on the Bowdoin website. For or more information about the program and applying, please contact Kevin Phanor.
Map and Directions
Driving Directions to Lunder House
Campus tours begin at Lunder House. Driving directions: Take Interstate 95 to Exit 127 Waterville/Oakland. Turn toward Waterville (east) on Kennedy Memorial Drive (Rt. 137) and follow the blue signs to Colby. After about a mile on Kennedy Memorial Drive, you will turn left onto First Rangeway, opposite Northern Light Inland Hospital. Proceed on First Rangeway to the first stop sign and turn left onto Mayflower Hill Drive. In about a half mile, you will arrive on campus. Parking is available in the lots behind Lunder House, which can be accessed by continuing down the road and turning right after the Davis Science Center. Please consult signage on campus or contact us with any questions. For construction and traffic information, see travel advisories from the Maine Turnpike Authority.
- Portland Jetport, a 75-minute drive south, and Bangor International Airport, about an hour north, offer commercial air service from most major airlines.
- Augusta State Airport, 25 minutes south, offers commuter air service.
- Logan Airport in Boston is the nearest major metropolitan airport.
- Concord Coach Lines offers direct bus service to Colby as well as additional buses to Augusta, 19 miles away.
- Waterville’s LaFleur Airport offers landing for private and charter planes and freight services.
- Car rentals are available at the Portland, Bangor, and Augusta airports.
- Concord Coach Lines provides daily service from Logan Airport, Boston’s South Station, and Portland to Colby. Additional buses go to and from Augusta. For schedules call 800-639-3317.
- Greyhound provides daily service to Boston and beyond. The Waterville terminal is located at the Xpress Stop Service Station at 320 Kennedy Memorial Drive, about two miles from campus. Call 207-680-2540 for more information.
Rental Car/Vehicle Services
- Enterprise Car Rental is located on Kennedy Memorial Drive. Keep in mind that most automobile rental agencies have age restrictions that prohibit many students from renting cars. For more information call 207-877-6601.
- Northeast Limo, Waterville, 207-660-3362
- Maine Limousine Service, South Portland, 800-646-0068