Financial Aid Information
Colby meets 100 percent of demonstrated need for all admitted students, including international students. Financial need is determined by each family’s unique financial circumstances.
Financial Aid Application
- College Board CSS Profile
- Colby’s CSS code number is 3280. The CSS Profile is required for determining eligibility for institutional funds.
- If your parents are divorced, separated, or were never married, please submit the Non-Custodial Parent CSS Profile.
- Non-Custodial Parent Waiver Form
For students for whom the fee to submit the CSS Profile poses a financial burden, Colby offers a CSS fee waiver.
Please do not submit any additional financial aid documentation unless requested by the Admissions and Financial Aid team.
Financial Aid Deadlines
|submitted/postmarked by:||early decision I||early decision II||regular decision|
|International College Board CSS Profile||Nov. 15||Jan. 1||Jan. 15|
Colby financial aid packages are designed to meet 100 percent of demonstrated financial need with grants and employment. There are families, however, who choose to borrow for out-of-pocket (family contribution) costs or who wish to spread out payments over a period of time.
- Supplementing with Outside Scholarships: There are thousands of outside scholarship opportunities available, and we encourage you to apply for as many as you can. Check with your college counselor for local scholarships and online for national scholarships for which you may be eligible.
- College Payment Plan: Colby offers a Fall 4 month payment plan and a Spring 4 month payment plan. For more information please visit Student Financial Services. Please contact Cashnet to verify your eligibility at 800-635-0120, Monday through Friday, from 8am to 9pm EST.
- Flywire: You may make payments from your home country using your national currency through Flywire.
English Language Proficiency Exam Results
If English is neither your first language nor your current language of instruction we require a score report of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), TOEFL Home Edition, International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Duolingo English Test (DET). We will accept the conversation aspect of the new TOEFL iTP as an optional submission. You may self-report your scores when applying to Colby, either by reporting them on your application or sending a PDF copy of your score report to [email protected] As of August 1, 2019 we will super score the TOEFL and accept MyBest scores. Video interviews are not required; however, Colby does accept them via Duolingo, Vericant, and InitialView.